Sunday, July 5, 2009

Quote from "Amazing Grace"

I'm sitting here watching the movie "Amazing Grace" with my family. I love the intellect displayed throughout the movie, the quick wit, the wonderful command of the English language. Almost at the very start of the movie, our family erupted in laughter at this particular gem, which Mom immediately declared would be the perfect subject of a post.

"It is a scientific fact that marriage and health are inseparable . . . Single men wither away and die in rooms that smell of feet and armpits."

How true . . . "It is not good that man should be alone . . ."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just what are you trying to say?
(Let me know when you start a' court'n.)

Schack

Johnson said...

Will do . . . no prospects on the horizon just as yet. Hey, remember Challenge? All guys for a week . . . and boy, I think the truth of that quote is aptly proved therein. : )

Anonymous said...

Impressive quotation, sir. You can find some of mine at my site.

Johnson said...

Great to "see" you Frederic! Glad you found the site. I'll be sure to check yours out!

Stephen said...

That's a great movie!
I've never heard that one before, I was listening only for the bagpipes at the end. ;)